About Dr. Jack Fried …
Education: New England College of Optometry 1997
Degree: Doctor of Optometry
Years in Private Practice: 21 years
Dr. Jack Fried is a graduate of the New England College of Optometry in Boston Massachusetts, and earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Adelphi University in Garden City, NY. Prior to joining Dr. Berliner, he was in private practice in Brooklyn, Oceanside, and Great Neck, where he treated eye diseases, and co-managed cataract/laser surgery. Dr Fried has lectured on co-management of laser (LASIK, PRK) procedures at continuing education courses to local Optometrists. Dr Fried has previously worked with the Kress Vision Program at NYU Downtown Hospital.
Dr. Fried’s professional association memberships include:
- COPE reviewer (Council of Optometric Practitioner Education) 2010-Present
- Extended Member NYS Board of Optometry 2010-present
- Member, NYS Board of Optometry 2005-2010; re-appointment
- Member, NYS Board of Optometry 2000-2005
- Fellow, American Academy of Optometry 2002
- Member, American Optometric Association
- Member, New York State Optometric Association
- Examiner, Clinical skills section, National Board of Examiners in Optometry
He is licensed to practice optometry in the states of New York, Massachusetts, and Florida.
Dr Fried is an avid motorcycle enthusiast, and his other hobbies include skiing, wreck diving, playing the bass, and long walks on nature trails with his beautiful wife and 3 children and dog.